Thursday 25 April 2013

The DREAM offer!

Close on the heels of the the second offer came the third and the fourth offer, both conditional and very achievable.

And amongst all of them came the dream offer from The University of Leeds. The offer that my daughter had been waiting for. BA (Hons) Broadcast Journalism with a conditional offer to score about 78% in the 12th board exam. I distinctly remember her jumping up and down with joy and relief for days! And the rest of the days of the exam period went relatively stress free!

Then came the offer from Nottingham Trent University with a very low score as the condition for the offer for their BA (Hons) Broadcast Journalism programme. It was a perfect back up, the insurance, easily achievable.

Later the fifth and the last offer came too. University of Westminster gave a conditional offer after a telephonic interview. Too many choices!

However my daughter decided to choose Leeds Uni's offer as her 'firm acceptance' and Nottingham Trent's offer as her 'insurance acceptance'. Do check the UCAS website's page to understand how to reply to your offers. It's very simple really and everything is clearly and lucidly explained. Check out the video too.

We, as parents and I, as a mother, cannot even begin to describe the relief I felt when my daughter had both of these offers in her hands. With only 2 subjects left for which she had to write the exam, we just had smiles on our faces throughout the said period and for much much later.

And very quickly out came my 'journal' and the jotting started yet again. This time around I was looking at the halls of residence, other accommodation, food, etc of both these universities, with the smile perfectly in place!

11 comments:

  1. Nice Blog,Students want to pursue higher education from UK can come to India IDP consultant helps you for Study in UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a great information for students those trying to study in United Kingdom. Let me share this link with some of my friends who are looking for such information.
    Assignment Writers in UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. With what style and way you have designed your site, and the updates are added to it, are quite informative and pleasing. Mine and my pal both impressed greatly from your overall posts.

    Study in UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Mrs. Khan,
    I'm Nikita, and I have got my conditional offer from Leeds to study Genetics. I'm deciding to put down Leeds as my insurance, and just wanted to ask you if your daughter is liking the university and her course and if she is enjoying it.
    I liked your blog very much, and has been of great help to me.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nikita, my daughter is enjoying her course and her time at Leeds Uni. But your course is different. Do go through rankings, Uni and subject wise too (I have given the links) and then decide. I would love to hear where you finally go. All the best!

      Delete
  5. First of all let me tell you, you have got a great blog .I am interested in looking for more of such topics and would like to have further information. Hope to see the next blog soon.
    student accommodation newcastle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for late wish, but I heartily want to congratulate you on your dream offer. Thanks for sharing.
    Best IELTS Institutes in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good work…unique site and interesting too… keep it up…looking forward for more updates.
    student lettings jesmond

    ReplyDelete
  8. This information post is very informative having in-depth research, thank you for sharing this information. essaybankcorp.com/

    ReplyDelete